Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Practise at Abstract Art

In Week Seven Waikowhai School will hold an Art Show. We are completing two art pieces for it. One will be an Abstract Artwork created from several different media on a large rectangular panel. We have spent several sessions playing with different shapes and media to understand what abstract art is. Some ideas we had around what Abstract Art is .... art that looks at how colour and shapes go together. It does NOT depict a person, place or thing. Instead it is about feelings and patterns and forms that make you WONDER what the artist is thinking about. Sometimes it might have clues to help you.  It can be painting or sculpture with any material or media.  
We have completed 8 different test pieces so far, to prepare for a final piece of artwork. We did them quite fast, with music and examples flicking through on a slideshow. The improvement in our quality of work as we have gone through the process is often really noticeable. We did 3 pieces in pastel, 2 pieces in crayon and dye, 1 in a mix of both and masking tape, 2 pieces in paint.
Below is a padlet of some of our work. We will put posts up on our individual blogs soon.

9 comments:

  1. Hello I am Sophie.R from Paparoa Range School I think that yous have done a good job at your abstracted art. It is cool that yous have all made them all different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its Crystal form Paparoa Range School I like your Schools art work
    next time could you say how to make it and I like that they are different to thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora room 9
    My name is Jak I'm from Paparoa Range school I really like your abstract art I like the colour mixes but I think next time you could colour the white . I also like your blog font and you're backgrounds the really make me wanna see the rest of your blog.
    Please check my blog out.http://paparoarangejakp.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello My name is Sophie R from Paparoa Range School and I have been looking at your abstracted art and It is a good job and the next step for you’s are to colour all of the paper so that you do not see all the colorful things instead of the plan White Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi its Crystal from Paparoa Range School I like your art work it looks interesting and I like that they are all different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola. (hello in spanish)
    My name is Rueben D I’m from Paparoa Range School. At the moment spain is in 13th with 4 gold medals and 2 bronze medals. I really enjoy your abstract art and all your creative work. The art looks beautiful. Next time you could to fill in all the white gaps.
    http://paparoarangeruebend.blogspot.co.nz/ check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola. (hello in spanish)
    My name is Rueben D I’m from Paparoa Range School. At the moment spain is in 13th with 4 gold medals and 2 bronze medals. I really enjoy your abstract art and all your creative work. The art looks beautiful. Next time you could to fill in all the white gaps.
    http://paparoarangeruebend.blogspot.co.nz/ check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi its Baz from Owairaka primary school i love the way you do your work i like the way its colourful and can you go on my blog here is the link to it http://odsbazm.blogspot.co.nz/ hope you like it and hope you have a great day blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi its Baz from Owairaka primary school I love the way you do your work.I like the way its colourful and can you go on my blog here is the link to it http://odsbazm.blogspot.co.nz/ . Hope you like it and hope you have a great day blog you later.

    ReplyDelete