Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

BIG FOOT CYCLING FUN


Two ladies from the company, Big Foot Adventures,  came to our school with all their bikes on a long double decker trailer. We had an hour long lesson on bike safety and equipment needed to ride successfully. They talked about what we need on our feet, out legs, our bodies and our heads.
We looked at high visibility needs with jackets and back pack covers. Then we checked out the bikes and what they need by LAW and how we should check them for safety purposes every time we ride.






Our next step was to look at how to fit a
helmet properly, before lining up for a bike to ride!
Our session was in the wind and rain!! But it was still heaps of fun. Check out the Hauraki students individual blogs to see more of what they did.



 BIG FOOT ADVENTURES WEBSITE

 

                   



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora team Hauraki,
    What an opportunity to learn about bike safety and riding successfully. BIG FOOT adventures seem like a great company coming into schools to do this. I have just bought a new bike and a new helmet and am looking forward to riding it more over summer. What are your top tips for keeping safe on my new bike?
    Ngā mihi
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hauraki, my name is Manea from Waietmata. I really enjoyed reading about what you did during your Big Foot biking session. It made me think of when we did our biking session as well. Maybe next time you could add some information on what you have to do and the check before you ride a bike. If you would like to check out my blog, click on my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Faris and I am a student in room Waitemata at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like how you guys where in line . It made me think of when I was riding the bike . Have you thought about making the picture bigger. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://https://wpsfarisa.blogspot.com/. blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Amanda from P.C.S.
    I wish I was there with you to ride the bikes. I think I could have learned a lot.
    It's a bit sad that it was windy and rainy when you did it.
    Here's a link to my blog http://pcsamandaf.blogspot.co.nz/
    Nice blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete