Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Skateboarding

This Term for Physical Education, we get to do SKATEBOARDING!!
The team that came in to teach us were very professional and organised.
On our first session we had safety gear to learn about, unpack and attach.
Then we had time to learn the very basics of rolling on the board across the courts.

Next week we will learn more 'safety stuff' and moves that will give us
speed and confidence. And we can't wait! Izzy wrote an acrostic poem
about our session. We are all doing some writing on it and using some
of the many photos our teacher took of us. Check out our individual blogs
down the right hand side of this class blog. They will be coming soon.
Starting with the gear,
Knee pads,
And elbow pads next,
IMG_1301.jpgThen wristbands last.
Excellent!  Skateboarding time,
Blue, pink, orange boards.
IMG_1292.jpgOk, let's go! Position your foot!
And now let's push along the court.
Reaching the finishing line,  we  are
Done. Gear  away
IMG_1324.jpgInto the boxes.
Now, boards in formation.
Gosh, that went fast


Filled with pride, I went to class,
Unfortunately, the lesson is over...
Now, I can’t wait to go back!
by Isabelle



6 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Jacob and I am a student in Room 8 at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like your skateboarding poem. It made me think of our skateboarding lesson last week. It got rained out halfway through! Have you thought about what “safety stuff” you’ll be learning next week? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpsjacobw.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Room 9,
    Welcome to Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu. It is great to have you join us in blog commenting this term. My name is Tania and I am the Manaiakalani Outreach Facilitator who organises Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu, I look forward to seeing the learning you share on your class blog and your individual blogs too. I am SO impressed that you are doing skateboarding for PE this term. I have never been very good at skateboarding and I wish I had had the opportunity to learn how when I was much younger. It is great that you are learning all about the safety gear too. I wonder if you'll post some video clips of some of the basics you have learnt as well as some of your trickier stuff! Are there any good skateboarders in your class already? Thanks for sharing.
    Ngā mihi nui
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Room 9 im Ruby
    e titiro pārekareka, ko reira hoki te ra i ranei te tahi mea i te reira tina hiahia i taea i na e ranei engari e pea taka atu i
    E ahau he whakaaro taea e koe te mahi i te whakataetae i runga i rite o koutou ra ki waho ranei te tahi mea i kua mahi koe i te whakataetae anyways mahi pai ranei titiro reira tino ngahau

    Mai Ruby Papakura Central School im i roto i te ruma 7 Taki i toku blog http://pcsrubyt.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there room 9, my name is Ashana and I am a student in Te Wako Ako at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like that you have made a poem about skateboarding. It reminded me of when We first started skateboarding.Have you thought about making a video of some children riding a skateboard or telling people how to ride one?. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpsashanad.blogspot.co.nz/.
    From:Ashana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there room 9,my name is Mei.
    It reminded me of when We first started skateboarding.Have you thought about making a video of some children riding a skateboard or telling people how to ride one?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malo Lelei Room 9,
    my name is Henrietta I go to Saint Pius X Catholic School. This makes me want to learn how to skateboard because it seems interesting and fun. You could be creative and make a video of people teaching others to skateboard.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete